Friday, July 22, 2011

I have a super amazing recipe for you.

     At least, I liked... no loved, it. Only one crappy cell phone picture of it. Doesn't show how beautiful it was. No really. I wasn't just delusional from hunger, promise.

Sausage, Spinach & Sundried Tomato Pasta ( Makes 6, 1 cup, servings)  
Ingredients
3 - Marc Angelo Mild Pork Italian Sausages ( I have a whack of these in my freezer that I need to use up, otherwise I would be using chicken or turkey which would definitely lower the cals even more.)
1 cup cooked Spinach
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (moistened)
2 cup Italipasta Rotini
30 G Armstrong Light Medium Cheddar Cheese

Again- I just added the brands of the products that I use because it gives me a more accurate calorie count.

Cooked the pasta in boiling water and set aside in a bowl.
Brown sausage in non-stick pan (this seems like common sense amirite?)
When the sausage is cooked I added the spinach & tomatoes and a little water and fried them a little longer.
I added the sausage mixture to the bowl with the pasta and the cheese on top and mixed it up. Delish.


IngredientsCaloriesCarbsFatSugarFiberSodium
Marc Angelo - Mild Italian Pork Sausage, 3 sausage (75 g)510339001,590Ico_delete
Spinach - Cooked, boiled, drained, without salt, 1 cup417014126Ico_delete
Mezzatta - Sun-Ripened Dried Tomatoes, 6 tomatoes (15g)60644280Ico_delete
Italpasta - Rotini, 600 mL (85 g) dry60012626830Ico_delete
Armstrong Cheese - Light Medium Cheddar, 30 g900600240Ico_delete
Add Ingredient      
Total:13011425111142066
Per Serving:21724922344

According to MFP, that one serving is 217 calories. THAT'S ALL!? Mind you, I ate 1.5 servings with my salad lol. If you use whole wheat pasta and chicken sausage it would be even better for you I bet lol. Actually, it might be a little less since I logged 2 cups of pasta as 600ml but i was not in the mood for math.


Salad was romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers & mushroom with 1000 Island dressing & 2 servings of pasta.

Stuffed.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm pasta! I have a bit of a pasta problem..yum! This doesn't help but I surely thank you,heehee

    ReplyDelete